Monday, August 19, 2013

Blanket for Baby Miles

I've wanted to try my hand at a banky for a while - basically a quilt with no batting.  And, since, overstuffed things are not really great for tiny babies, I figured Baby Miles would be a great guinea pig for my sewing experiment!
 
This was part of the gift basket of coordinated handmade baby items, posted here.
 
 
I definitely liked the way it turned out, how soft it was, and the thinness without any batting.  I left it un-quilted because I thought it could be stuffed (sort of like a baby duvet cover) later.  But, I'm not sure if I would do that again.  I am worried it may cause it to be un-square after washing. 


Aileen was interested - both in the blankey and in Baby Miles.  She has been talking about him non-stop since we met him six weeks ago! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment