Friday, November 2, 2012

Inspiration Friday: Chevrons!

My friend Elle over at elle-mental recently posted photos of a gorgeous chevron quilt she made out of a partial jelly roll.  It was amazing - the colors were perfectly cool and calming, and - even more amazing - she is donating it to the 100 Quilts for Kids project! 

I have loved the look of these quilts for a long time, and have amassed various inspirational photos in my "wish list" of quilts I would like to make.  Here are a few.

Some are true chevrons . . .


. . . while others are more of zig-zags . . .


But I think I am going to forge ahead using the tutorial on the Hyacinth blog:


I believe Elle's chevron quilt is based on this pattern (although I know from making countless quilts together that Elle never exactly follows someone else's pattern... there is always just enough math and geometry involved in quilting with her that I feel like I've had a real mental workout!).

Maybe if I can shake loose a couple of hours this weekend between multiple play dates, recovering from the week, getting ready for next week, and having our family portrait taken, I'll try to start one of these!

Happy quilting.

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet! If you decide to get started on this one, call me. I figured out a few things that make it way easier (though I wish I'd figured them out earlier!). We have to make that diamond flannel quilt, too...it's getting cold and I think I certainly little girl needs a present! I can't believe how much she has changed in the last year!

    ReplyDelete